[plug] Emulate Keyboard, Video, Mouse over USB (on Linux)

simon simon at plumtek.com
Wed Jul 27 10:55:03 WST 2005

Quintin Lette (qlette at gmail.com) wrote:

> On 7/27/05, Onno Benschop <onno at itmaze.com.au> wrote:
> > Matthew Lambie wrote:
> >
> > >X/Terminal Services isn't going to help because you want to get to the
> > >system's BIOS. And the machine might not have these services running
> > >anyway.
> > >
> > >I hope this makes more sense now.
>
> It made sense from the beginning for me, but you are asking for
> enterprise level hardware at soho level pricing, its not going to
> happen

smells like a market opportunity to me - someone with the knowledge could
solder together some form of video processor, buffer ram, embedded processor
that can talk VNC and some networking glue and voila......

the hardest bit would be getting the video signal decoded and into the buffer
I guess.... not being electronically inclined, maybe there are some electronic
engineering students who might have more of a clue?

Not a small undertaking, but it appears to be a huge gap in the market.

--
Simon Scott
simon at plumtek.com
mob: 0409113359