[plug] USB drive mounting problems

Daniel J. Axtens danielax at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 18:52:30 WST 2005

Some more testing down the line, and it is revealed that my former
USB1 & USB2 thumbdrive has suddenly become a USB2 thumbdrive.
Fortunately, I've a USB2 card in my (third) computer, and it mounts
there. It's just a pity my other 2 computers don't support 2.

*sigh*. Looks like time to take a trip to the seller to risk $35 on a
warranty claim - if your claim is found to be false, they charge $35.
Hmm. Oh well; at least they *have* a 12 month Return To Base warranty.

OT: Just for laughes/cringes, here is why you don't open a 200+mb
image file with unsaved homework in the background: (and 256 megs of
memory!)

Out of Memory: Killed process 3887 (eog).
Out of Memory: Killed process 3588 (eog).
Out of Memory: Killed process 3589 (eog).
Out of Memory: Killed process 3191 (soffice.bin).
Out of Memory: Killed process 3192 (soffice.bin).

I had 1/2 an hour of retyping from that! :-(

--
Neuronstorm: neuronstorm.sourceforge.net
The Neuronstorm Blog: leinad-golb.blogspot.com