[plug] Moodle - Made in Perth?

Gavin Chester gavinchester1 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 5 17:16:52 WST 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 15:22 +0800, Bob Linus wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone was aware of the opensource e-learning
> application called Moodle?  Version 1.5 should be released today
> sometime according to the website.
>
> http://www.moodle.org/
>
> On a similar note, I was trying to see if I could find a pre-done
> course for moodle that gives Linux training. :)  I don't want to
> reinvent the wheel.

You don't state what level your training would be pitched at, so firing
blind I might assume you would target Years 8-12?  If so, maybe you
should visit the K12LTSP list
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/k12osn - For more info see
<http://www.k12os.org>.

There has been some recent discussion of moodle in that list so maybe
check their recent archives.  The list is predominantly populated by
north americans, so any lesson plan references will probably be unsuited
to aussie teens, but it might be a start.  Also, look for links related
to linux in a education such as:
http://schoolforge.net/
http://www.k12os.org/

	... or just plain old google might reveal more in a shorter time :-)
HTH

Gavin