[plug] NEW TOPIC VIDEO

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Jun 9 12:25:04 WST 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 12:18 +0800, Shannon Carver wrote:
> You'll need a video input card, for analog (VHS-out) this would usually
> be in the form of a tv-tuner.  I have no idea of reliability, but I've
> seen a USB Video/Audio input box made by D-Link.

AFAIK you should look for a capture card / device that's v4l (video for
linux) compatible. You then need a program to import that video and
process it - probably downsampling and compressing it, perhaps cleaning
it up / editing it too. I don't know what the offerings are in this
area.

--
Craig Ringer