[plug] ADSL stressed out?

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 05:28:39 WST 2005

On 6/9/05, Daniel Pearson <gpearson at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Hrm.. maybe I've misread/misunderstood - and you guys read something I
> didn't, but doesn't it say he doesn't have a filter on the phones?
>
> Phillip wrote:
> > My adsl only cuts out with certain phonecalls, no idea why. Im
> > guessing that signal strength varies throughout the day, and picking
> > up the phone is just enough to trigger the adsl to cut off? This might
> > not be the same reason your having though. And I don't even have a
> > filter on the phones.

I do have a filter, and we nearly never receive phone calls... it ONLY
drops when I'm belting the downloads..
If I have one or two going full pitch then open up a few browsing
windows that's when it drops.. and I can force it to happen reliably.

I'll pull out some logs tonight but when I looked last time it didn't
tell me much :-/
--
Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
Our OS who art in CPU, LINUX be thy name. Thy programs run, thy