[plug] Anyone here using Skype?

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 11 14:20:49 WST 2005

My experience is the opposite - just install and use it.  So far win2k,
XP home and two gentoo systems (the XZP and one gentoo are on laptops
using wireless connections) that I have done, plus friens using a MAC
and XP.  Used a couple of times a week (mostly the XP install) to talk
to friends in China - my 11 yo keeping touch with his school friend who
is due back soon.  Basicly NO fuss or bother.  Traffic flow is minimal
(all are behind firewalls)

BillK

On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 12:33 +0930, Onno Benschop wrote:
> Senectus . wrote:
>
> >I want to run some test runs with skype later and was wondering if
> >anyone here would mind being a Guinea pig ? ;-)
> >

> Sorry for the delay, been off-line for a bit.
>
> I've just spent four days attempting to make Skype run on an XP box and
> vowed never to use it again. It took out two sound-cards, corrupted two
> sets of different sound-card drivers and caused the machine to crash
> hard on more occasions than I care to remember.
>
> The knowledge base is crap, the UI is a piece of shit and I won't be
> installing it on my Linux box.
>
> So, if you want to test IAX2 then I'm happy to assist, but otherwise,
> sorry no Skype around here...

Home!