[plug] Getting galeon running on Sarge

Peter F Bradshaw pfb at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jun 11 15:45:12 WST 2005

Hi;

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005, Richard Meyer wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 11:23 +0800, Chris Caston wrote:
>

> > So are there any advantages to Galeon over firefox?
>
> Two important ones are the tabbing and "persistence".
>
> By that I mean, that on the tabs , each tab has it's own delete button,
> unlike FF, where you mouse to the side to click the delete button, which
> can become a pain rather quickly, if you have many tabs open.
>
> The "persistence" one is that if you decide to reboot/sign out while you
> have a galleon window open, it will reopen and reload the site, when you
> login again.
>
> I'll grant you that the desirability of the tabbing thing depends on
> what you're used to, but the "persistence" is magic.
>
> I wish it was more popular and had the FF addons.

In addition I'm unable to force FF to open new Javascript() windows in
tabs - which I can do in Galeon. And I find that Galeon is easier to
configure and has more options. FF is faster though.

Cheers

--
Peter F Bradshaw, personal.exadios.com, ICQ 75431157 (exadios).
PGP public key at personal.exadios.com/public_key.html