[plug] OT - Machine naming schemes

Matthew Lambie mlambie at thefrontiergroup.com.au
Sun Jun 12 00:30:48 WST 2005

Evening all,

A quick poll: What do people name their machines after? I saw the other
day that there was a Dilbert network, and when I was at Vianet all the
machines were named after dead rock stars. The SGI lab at Curtin used to
have Star Trek names and at home I use GI Joe characters (I'm on
Stormshadow now, and have Duke, Falcon, Lifeline, Destro - the shiny
silver wizard, Snakeeyes, Dialtone - the Asterisk server, and others ;)

Part two: What was your favourite Transformer character, that's not
Prime or Jazz, we have them already. Or Prowl, because that's one of the
new boxes. We have two more servers to name and we want short hosts if
possible. While omegasupreme.thefrontiergroup.com.au might sound cool,
It'll be a bitch to type all the time ;) I personally think Grimlock
might be a winner.

Enjoy your Saturday nights!
--

Thanks,