[plug] Virtual email users - storing mail in a database?

Matthew Lambie mlambie at thefrontiergroup.com.au
Sun Jun 12 11:11:23 WST 2005

What I'd really like is to have virtual users on virtual domains,
because the majority of the accounts on my systems are never logged into
with anything other than POP3 or IMAP. If I could store the users and
their mail in a (MySQL) database, that would rock, and would mean system
accounts only exist for those that need system/shell access. We already
have good redundancy with the SQL servers, so the extra complexity that
a DB would introduce I feel is covered.

Does anyone have a setup like this already, and if so what applications
are you using to achieve this?
--

Thanks,

Matthew Lambie