[plug] OT - Machine naming schemes

Quintin Lette qlette at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 11:41:11 WST 2005

at home I use animals (mythical and real) (phoenix and dragon for my
Sun Netras and dingo, dugite, wombat for SUSE desktops & laptop,
scorpion for debian server)

at work I use a logical system (usually location/service
provided/number) ie PERLNX1 for 1st Linux server at Perth site. (for
multiple locations in Perth I'd exchange PER for $SITE)