browser wars - was Re: [plug] Getting galeon running on Sarge

Gavin Chester gavinchester1 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 13 10:24:59 WST 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 10:56 +0930, Onno Benschop wrote:
> Gavin Chester wrote:
>
> >I would dispute that with new versions of galeon.  Several "advanced"
> >features now require use of gconf editor to setup galeon instead of
> >doing it in the actual browser.  But then we're told that's a gnome
> >bonobo thing and required for consistency with all gnome apps.
> >

> You may or may not know that the about:config URL also works in Galeon :-)

Dang! Thanks for the reminder, Onno I forget about that one.  Seems to
work in all(?) mozilla-based browsers, too.

Still, it was an irritation often vented on the user mailing list that
the config options were reduced to bare basics when approaching them via
the browser's UI as new versions were released.

Gavin