[plug] Spamassassin + procmail

Peter F Bradshaw pfb at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 13 21:04:56 WST 2005

Hi;

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 peregrin2 at westnet.com.au wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 04:47:31PM +0800, Peter F Bradshaw wrote:
> > On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 peregrin2 at westnet.com.au wrote:
> >
> > Spamassassin does not know anything about procmail so it will never look
> > for .procmailrc. Procmail may know about spamassassin though. In the
> > example you are using below the MTA is passing the mail to procmail -
> > presumably by looking at $HOME/.forward.
>
> Ahh, ok. So every user would need thier own procmail script? They are
> retrieving all mail via an echange server and all accounts are setup as
> /bin/false. Is that likely to cause problems do you think?

That's one way of doing it and for only 10 accounts its probably the
easiest. It would be best to use spamc / spamd and a central database.
I cannot see how the users can update the database under the Exchange
setup though. The disabled logins should not be a problem.

> > Which MTA are you using?
>
> Postfix on a Debian server.

It is possible to make a Spamassassin transport for Exim. I don't know
how to make the transport save the spam but it should be possible. I
don't know anything about Postfix but it probably has a similar mechism.

> Cheers,
>
> Nigel

Cheers

--
Peter F Bradshaw, personal.exadios.com, ICQ 75431157 (exadios).
PGP public key at personal.exadios.com/public_key.html