[plug] Firewall question

Craig Foster craig at fostware.net
Fri Jun 17 06:58:25 WST 2005

Wrong. Sort of. -ish. It's not always going to work, but I have seen (a
LONG time ago) a Speedtouch Home in bridged mode, connected to a hub,
with two PPPoE routers attached. The PPPoE encapsulation keeps the two
data streams separate. Now, I don't think Telstra will allow two sets of
codes on the one phone line anymore. This config was setup when Telstra
first installed the Belmont Exchange ADSL kit...

That being said, no, I don't know of a off-the-shelf firewall distro
that allows two Red interfaces... Yet.

I'd suggest it's time to do your firewall manually or look at a Linksys
RV042 as it handles bandwidth load sharing as well. They rock. :)

Craig Foster
RedHat Certified Engineer
craig at fostware.net
(S/MIME Available)