[plug] [OT] ITE 8212 XP Preinstallation disk (GA-8KNXP)

Adam Davin byteme-its at westnet.com.au
Mon Jun 20 20:17:32 WST 2005

Hello All,

Sorry for the off topic post.

I have been asked to reinstall an XP machine with onboard raid. The
problem is that the client does not have the original disks.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte Ga8knxp rev2 with onboard PATA/SATA raid.
I need the XP Preinstallation disk for the ITE 8212 PATA raid chip so
that I can reinstall XP.

I have been to the Gigabyte website and it seems the .exe file there is
corrupted. I am in the middle of my third email to gigabyte trying to
sort this out and thought maybe someone here might be able to help
(could be quicker here!).

This is the motherboard support link, for those interested.
http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/Driver/Driver_GA-8KNXP%20(Rev%202.x).htm

And this is a link to the file that I am after. It comes up with
"program too big to fit in memory" or "... is not a valid win32
application"..
http://asia.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/FileList/Driver/driver_raid_intel_ich5r_2.0_disksetup.exe

I have tried downloading the file to several machines (and from the 4
different locations)with the same result...

Oh for a linux box...

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

--