[plug] 'No proxy' for Galeon

Mark O'Shea mark at musicalstoat.co.uk
Thu Jun 23 18:51:44 WST 2005

On Thu, June 23, 2005 5:29 pm, Peter F Bradshaw said:
>> It certainly _used_ to be a browser setting.  While Gnome sometimes
>> subscribes to the "providing functionality would confuse people"
>> school of thought and doesn't provide extra options, it seems that in
>> this case it does: the "ignore host list" box in the "advanced
>> settings" tab sounds like what you're after.
>
> "ignore host list": Which does not exist on any of these systems (Gnome
> 2.8.1).
>
> The only solution I can see is to install squid on each system, and point
> the Galeons to those, and use those squids to select a firewall proxy or
> local httpd. Bit of a mess.

An easier way would be to use gconftool-2 to change the setting if it
isn't available via the gui config tools.

A quick search on google for the key name gives me a command line that
might work:

gconftool-2 -s -t list --list-type string /system/http_proxy/ignore_hosts
"[list of hosts]"

I hope this helps.

--
Mark O'Shea