[plug] govt website links - how?

Gavin Chester gavinchester1 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 29 22:29:08 WST 2005

Hi,

Trying to tackle an issue that I ignored before, but now I really want
to get to the bottom of it :-0

It bugs me that the many govt websites that advertise jobs then seem to
make it impossible to access the info (JDFs, criteria, etc).
Specifically, some sites have JDFs only in MS.doc format, but others
don't even let me get that far because the links throw up a message to
save the file but then nothing happens after that.  Currently I'm
stumped again by links on this sort of page (the waaay long URL will
wrap):
http://wchs.health.wa.gov.au/careers/jobvacs/jobDetails.php?
PositionId=255538&ReqAppDate=2005-06-07&PHPSESSID=4afd038ced7b74ae3f56e6a592afc9ae

My wife wants to see the selection criteria but I can't seem to help
her.  Anyone got some trick to accessing these links or is this an equal
opportunity issue where they're conspiring against Linux users?

Gavin