[plug] govt website links - how?

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Thu Jun 30 00:07:01 WST 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 22:29 +0800, Gavin Chester wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Trying to tackle an issue that I ignored before, but now I really want
> to get to the bottom of it :-0
>
> It bugs me that the many govt websites that advertise jobs then seem to
> make it impossible to access the info (JDFs, criteria, etc).
> Specifically, some sites have JDFs only in MS.doc format, but others
> don't even let me get that far because the links throw up a message to
> save the file but then nothing happens after that.  Currently I'm
> stumped again by links on this sort of page (the waaay long URL will
> wrap):
> http://wchs.health.wa.gov.au/careers/jobvacs/jobDetails.php?
> PositionId=255538&ReqAppDate=2005-06-07&PHPSESSID=4afd038ced7b74ae3f56e6a592afc9ae
>
> My wife wants to see the selection criteria but I can't seem to help
> her.  Anyone got some trick to accessing these links or is this an equal
> opportunity issue where they're conspiring against Linux users?
>
> Gavin

Gavin,
My secret trick was to take the link and paste it (in two parts) into
FireFox, and I got:

Title Counsellor
Directorate CCU - PSYCHOLOGICAL MEDICINE
Org Unit S.A.R.C. - ADMINISTRATION
Level 3/5 HSU
Position Nos. 255538
Salary $40,175 - $54,763 pa ( PAID PROPORTIONATE TO HOURS WORKED. )
Hours Permanent, Part Time
Written Apps Must be submitted using the information contained within
the application kit. This may be obtained by following the links below
or by phoning (08) 9480 9307.
Further Info Please contact TANIA TOWERS, MANAGER - SEXUAL ASSUALT
RESOURCE CENTRE. on: 93401833.

Sorry, but there's no secret as far as I can see. HTH