[plug] Kontact Windows port?

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Tue Mar 1 12:31:43 WST 2005

I am exceedingly interested in this topic. I believe there is in vapor
format 'glow' (an open office groupware app) which I believe has , yet
again for a groupware product, died in the ass mid development.

I suspect groupware is one of those things lots of people try and realise
midway thru that its actually a reallly complicated stack of stuff.

The sad thing is,  good opensource *cross platform* (ie including
windows and mac) groupware simply does not exist outside a web browser,
and web browser groupware tends to have prominent sucking problems. And
this is perhaps the number 1 thing that impedes server takeup because i
cant offer any suggestions when they say "we have 5 OS/X machines and 10
windows machines and we really need outlook". What can I say? Yes there
are some commercial products and redhat or novell would do exceedingly
well to buy one of them and open source the damn thing AND its clients.

Alas.

Story has it the Mozilla folks are up to something in this respect. Wonder
if it'll be vaporware.