[plug] Linux on Macintosh 8500/120

Gavin Rogers grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Wed Mar 2 11:00:48 WST 2005

At 08:51 AM 2/03/2005, you wrote:
>I have had debian running on a 7200/120 (pci based) which ran fine. I
>was running it as a server though, so I didn't try running X or sound.

Thanks for that. Yeah, the 8500/120 is a PCI based machine. I'm not keen
enough to be putting Linux on an old Nubus based machine :-)

The reason I ask is because the machine has pretty good (for its age) video
input/output capabilities and I'd really like to be able to use them
without forking out for Mac OS software to do it.

Cheers,
Gavin.

---
       Gavin Rogers                     |  Amateur radio station VK6HGR
     http://www.livingwaters.com/good   |     http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
    ICQ: 17230395  MSN: VK6HGR  Skype/Email: grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au