[plug] Window Pagers and window managers

Adam Davin bladebadger at westnet.com.au
Wed Mar 2 16:43:54 WST 2005

Hello all,

I have been using Enlightenment for a while now, and I like it as a
window manager, especially the pagers which show mini snapshots of the
desktop. The best feature however, is the ability to slide windows
around by clicking on the window in the snapshot and drag it to other
desktops etc..

I have also been using Eclipse (programming IDE) for a while but lately
I have found that some of the dialog boxes that are opening are not
"sizing" correctly when they are displayed on the screen. They will
"pop" onto the desktop, usually hidden in a corner and shrunk down to
the minimum, like if you click on the right lower corner of a window and
drag it across to the very left hand side so that both sides touch.

Whilst I have found this to be mildly annoying, I have been able to move
the window to the centre of the screen and then grab the corner and drag
it out to a reasonable size.

Lately, I have found that some of the dialog windows that are popping up
are not allowing me to resize them. This is _extremely_ annoying and
causes real problems, especially when you can't click on the "OK"
button, or even actually see what it is you are "OK'ing".

I am wondering whether this is a Window manager thing, an Eclipse thing
or just something else entirely.

I would consider switching window managers but I don't really want to
loose the ability of dragging windows around in the pager (a while back
I checked Gnome / kde and they didn't seem to have this feature, that I
could find at least.)

Does anyone have any reflections on either the Eclipse issue or possibly
another WM that handles the above pager functions. It would also be nice
if the WM concerned worked nicely with dual head display.

Enlightenment Version 0.16.6
Eclipse Version 3.??

Thanks and Regards,

--