[plug] Telstra ISDN fee

Adrian Woodley Adrian at ScreamingRoot.org
Thu Mar 3 13:58:16 WST 2005

G'Day Pluggers,
          Telstra recently have seen fit to upgrade my local exchange
(Mt Helena) to xDSL. Yay! Fat pipe for me!

The problem is that in the interim, while xDSL wasn't available we used
ISDN. This has been install a little over 2 months. Telstra now want
$125 to remove ISDN before enabling xDSL on the line. They'll then
charge again to enable xDSL.

They do forgo some of these charges if you sign up with PigPuddle ^dw
BigPond. Oh, how kind of them.

I want a SDSL 512 connection with Arachnet, my current dialup provider.
I keep my static IP, free WAIX and its the same provider as work's.

Any suggestions on how to proceed in the most economical fashion?

Cheers,
Adrian