[plug] Telstra ISDN fee

Rob Davies rob at rjdarts.com
Thu Mar 3 17:30:45 WST 2005

Afternoon,
This has been a thorn in my side for months.

Ombudsman response below, I think he has it standardised now?

On 03 Mar 2005, at 3:23 PM, Leon Brooks wrote:

> On Thursday 03 March 2005 14:35, Adrian Woodley wrote:
>> Apparently its a fee to roll a truck to make the change at the
>> exchange.
>
> When we went from ISDN at Mount Claremont (no ADSL right in the middle
> of Perth!) to ADSL at Duncraig, we were charged no extra to have any
> ISDN removed from Mount Claremont. I would question that charge, and
> bounce it off the ombudsman.

The charge is for the technician to disconnect your service at exchange
as well at point of connection inclusive of picking up your ISDN box.
This fee is a discounted rate in reference to Telstra fee structures if
said technician came to your place of business or abode and did techie
stuff.

Now my response was same as Leons what if you disconnect, service no
longer required. Their is no disconnection fee as long as you are out
of minimum service requirements ie 6 months I think. But, if you
require a phone on normal analogue at same address you will be charged
for a new line. So, the fee is cheaper in this respect.

For those going with the $125 disconnect to analogue and then
attempting to get ADSL from other ISP their is no guarantee you will
receive ADSL, hence you will be up for full reconnection of ISDN if you
have to go down this path again. But, if you go with Bigpond, Telstra
will guarantee that you can get ADSL before pulling plug on ISDN and if
it can not be done they will not disconnect.

Cheers!

Rob Davies
rob at rjdarts.com

"It is the world which makes known to us our belonging to a
subject-communtiy, especially the existence in the world of the
manufactured objects." Sartre.