[plug] Small Cheap Hosting [OT]

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Tue Mar 8 19:36:42 WST 2005

On Monday 07 March 2005 11:37, Timothy White wrote:
> I have a number of clients who are looking to put up a simple web page
> for an organisation they are involved in. Their needs vary but all in
> all most of them can't use their personal web space with their ISP
> because it doesn't have more than basic HTML.
> Most of them just required PHP while a few would require all the basics
> of a shell account.
> They are all going to be low traffic sites and for now most of them
> wouldn't need a domain name although later on they would look at getting
> one if the traffic is high enough. When they get the domain name they
> would probably then look at having 1 or 2 address on the domain.
>
> Does anyone know of a local hosting service that is cheap and easy to use?

I've been using HostingBay ( www.hostingbay.com.au ) to host
nannupmusicfestival.org for the last year, they seem rock solid and are cheap
too if you can use their unix (actually Red Hat) servers - 10Mb space,
1Gig/Month traffic for $3.97 a month. I have only needed to contact their
support once (via email) about changing plans, and they were very prompt
helpful. On having a quick look at the site info, I couldn't see anything on
shell access though.
Unfortunately I have to use their windows server due to needing access
database support, which has 20Mb and the same traffic limit for $9.97/month.

Steve

--
Ph: +61 8 97560662, IP-Phone: FWD# 454566, e164.org# 61897560662

"Most men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most pick themselves
up and continue on as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill