[plug] Sound on Sun Blade 100

Walter HILL regfrem at connect.net.au
Wed Mar 9 11:51:10 WST 2005

W.Kenworthy wrote:

>Are you using alsa or oss?  Its not the alsasound "foible" of installing
>muted by default?  - check the mixer.
>
>BillK

I was labouring under the assumption that the ALSA drivers only worked
with a 2.6.x kernel. I'm having problems with the 2.6 kernel so I stayed
with 2.4. I did download the ALSA drivers but the instructions on Gentoo
WWW site were somewhat confusing. If is simply a matter of downloading
the ALSA drivers, compiling them an loading them instead of the kernel
modules then I could give it a shot. So the short answer is no - I'm
using the kernel drivers. I have seen a post about the mixer being muted
by default.