[plug] modem on adsl

Greg gmacham at bigpond.com
Wed Mar 9 19:46:05 WST 2005

The answer is it will but not very well. The filter is designed really
to allow voice traffic to pass through and negate the capacitve  effects
of the equipment. Unfortunately  dial up modems seem to suffer as the
signal is reduced. If you are close to the exchange you can get away
with it sometimes, or slowing the transmit rate can sometimes help.

Greg