[plug] loopback

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Thu Mar 10 23:58:50 WST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 23:41 +0800, ZoMBiE wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 23:34:15 +0800, Jim Householder
> <nofixed at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm trying to mount an iso under SuSE 9.2:
> > $ mount file.iso /distros/loop0-t iso9660 -o loop=/dev/loop0
> > which works nicely under Mdk 10, but gives me
> > ioctl: LOOP_SET_FD: Device or resource busy.
> >
> > Also, the command is rejected if not issued by root.
> >
> > Any clues?
> >
> > TIA
> > Jim
> >
> First thing that springs to mind is that loopback isn't supported by
> your kernel, try moodprobing in the loop module (if it exists for your
> install), but yeah check your kernel config.
>
> ZoMBiE

I've just done the following - all in one line, which Evolution keeps
splitting up for some reason.

mount -o
ro,loop /mnt/dvdimage/novell-suse-linux-professional-9.2-dvd1-of-dvd2.iso /mnt/tmp

I had to do it as root, but that may have something to do with
permissions in /mnt

There are no entries for /mnt/tmp in /etc/fstab either.

Permissions in /mnt are root root for /mnt/tmp

Bog standard SuSE 9.2 kernel.