[plug] Headless server installation at workshop

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Tue Mar 15 13:53:53 WST 2005

Ryan wrote:

>As for the original question, you only really need the first woody CD.
>Almost all the packages you'll need are on it and if they are not, you
>can easily download them when the time comes.

Or being on cable you can just download 1 or 2 boot floppys (not sure
how many any more for a network install) or even a 50Mb CD that has the
installer and from there you install over the Internet only downloading
what you want. If you already have CD 1 you can do a network install
from there as well (although you may as well just do a base install and
get extras from the net.)

Tim

--
Tim White - Use the Fox, Luke!
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net