[plug] IMAP Client

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Tue Mar 15 14:03:35 WST 2005

Onno Benschop wrote:

> Any suggestions - and don't come to me with anything that doesn't
> include:
>
>    * IMAP connectivity
>    * Multiple Signatures
>    * Multiple Accounts
>    * Filters
>    * Spell Checking

I would have to say Thunderbird has done a pretty good job for me. Yes
it does have some minor quirks but other than that I've had few problems
(I've had some IMAP ones where the index file died.)
My suggestions would be, use procmail for filtering. (I believe there is
a newer mail filtering program called deliver IIRC, maybe have a look at
that)
Then for multiple accounts ensure you have multiple accounts on imap and
start looking around for a new email program. Signatures can be
irritating to get across the board. I'm going to start looking for a
solution to both GPG and signatures that will automatically append the
signature to my emails then sign the message but I'm unsure how to
handle password authentication as I leave my computer logged in so can't
rely on a keyring at login.

Basically attempt to get IMAP and stuff working so you can just move
about different mail programs until you find one you like.

Oh, and a webmail solution may be good enough depending on how you need
your multiple accounts handled. Squirrelmail is alright from what I've seen.

Tim

--
Tim White - Use the Fox, Luke!
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net