[plug] K3b

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Fri Mar 18 06:54:56 WST 2005

Jim Householder wrote:

> Generally I have had good luck with K3b, but recently my luck has
> run out.  I'm using version 0.11.16 with MDK 10.1 official.
>
> The problem is that when burning an iso it corrupts something at
> the end so verifies fail with read errors.  I use default settings
> with the exception of speed which I set a bit below the rated
> speed of the disc used.
>
> User error?

Possible, more likely though is that the .iso is larger than the CD
you're burning to. I've personally experienced issues where you need to
eject and mount a disk twice to deal with some silly buffering issue
that makes a disk unreadable beyond some or other sector - for me the
indication is a seek error in dmesg.

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°32'27" - E146°24'35" (Leeton, NSW)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..