[plug] growing your i.t. business

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Tue Mar 22 10:53:08 WST 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, quoth Sibian:

> I tried it again and it gives me the error message: slpwa.asn.au could
> not be found, please check the name and try again :-(

I can confirm that {www.}slpwa.asn.au does not resolve from a bigpond
cable account, via any of the (by dhcp) provided name servers.

bobserver:~# cat resolv.conf.bigpond
search wa.bigpond.net.au bigpond.net.au net.au
nameserver 61.9.240.14
nameserver 61.9.208.15
nameserver 61.9.240.15
bobserver:~# host www.slpwa.asn.au 61.9.240.14
bobserver:~# cd
bobserver:~# host www.slpwa.asn.au 61.9.240.14
bobserver:~# host www.slpwa.asn.au 61.9.208.15
Using domain server:
Name: 61.9.208.15
Address: 61.9.208.15#53
Aliases:

Host www.slpwa.asn.au not found: 2(SERVFAIL)
bobserver:~# host www.slpwa.asn.au 61.9.240.15

I tried from two different linux servers, on different cable accounts.

I can resolve other addresses fine via those name servers, including one
other .asn.au domain I tried (www.scouts.asn.au) and also terminus.net.au
(where SLPWA is hosted)

 - Matt