[plug] mail issue

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Mar 23 18:22:52 WST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 15:28 +0800, Jon Miller wrote:
> I'm having a problem sending mail to a certain domain.  Message log
> states Host not found, status=deferred.  Yet other sites can send to
> this site and I can receive mail from this site.
> We are using postfix on Debian.
> All other mail is going out properly.

More information would probably be required.

In particular, *which* server says "host not found"? It's possible
they're doing a lookup on your HELO name (for example) or maybe reverse
DNS, not finding it, and rejecting your message with the message 'Host
not found'.

Also, please disable HTML email when posting to PLUG. A bunch of people
have started posting in HTML recently - so checking your mail client
settings might be well advised.

--
Craig Ringer