[plug] CSI not compatible with Firefox?

Mark Dixon MarkDixon at iiNet.net.au
Fri Mar 25 10:28:38 WST 2005

Concerning the FireFox User Agent Switcher, the version I mentioned
below is the old one linked to the Mozilla site.  The author of the tool
has a more recent one at his own site
(http://www.chrispederick.com/work/firefox/useragentswitcher/) that does
work with the latest Firefox.

I tried that an it installed ok.  When I visited sites that didn't work
in the past, such as the ATO CSI site and the WA State Revenue Payroll
Tax site I no longer got error messages from the server about my
browser, but neither did the site's work correctly.  I guess the site is
pumping out non-standard MS-only HTML and a standards based browser like
Firefox just dismisses it as bad code.