[plug] Workshop on Monday 26 March

Leon Brooks leon-olc at cyberknights.com.au
Mon Mar 28 21:52:25 WST 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:18, Anne Busby wrote:
> <snip>
>> I found a HowTo at  http://workaround.org/articles/ispmail-sarge/ , to
>> install and set up SQWebmail with Debian and Postfix, but it does not
>> seem to work. The HowTo involved using Postfix, SQWebmail, MySQL,
>> Spamassassin, Clamavis, Amavis and SASL and some courier packages (POP3
>> and IMAP)
> <snip>

> Our current setup involves
>  * fetchmail - to get mail from the ISP
>  * procmail - to send it to the correct mailboxes
>  * and postfix.

> Is there any way of inserting spamassassin and amavis into this process ?

Yes. AMaViS drives SpamAssassin. Run AMaViS as a TCP daemon (often on port
10026) and have PostFix forward mail to it using the content_filter directive
and a separate PostFix TCP listener (canonically on port 10025) with the
"-o content_filter=" option. My main.cf has lots of restrictions (which
wouldn't make much sense via fetchmail since they invariably just cause mail
loops), so the corresponding master.cf entry looks like this:

localhost:10025 inet n  -       y       -       -        smtpd
    -o content_filter=
    -o local_recipient_maps=
    -o relay_recipient_maps=
    -o smtpd_restriction_classes=