[plug] April Seminar - Lightning talks!

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Wed Mar 30 01:39:53 WST 2005

Greetings,

The April seminar is in a couple of weeks (12th April), and we as
yet have no speaker lined up.

The idea of a series of "Lightning Talks" was raised, where people
that want to say something short and sweet can do so - eg, talk
about their pet project for 5 or 10 minutes, or a random program
they recently discovered.

Each individual talk will go for about 5 or 10 minutes (or much less
if that's all it takes, but no more than 10). A projector should be
available, but you'll want to make sure you can go on should the
projector fail. We can probably comfortably fit about 10 or so talks
in a night.

Bernard and I will be in Canberra for linux.conf.au for this seminar
(and the hacker night too, which looks like it'll be cancelled for
April), so won't be able to coordinate this. Does somebody want to
step up to coordinate the lightning talks for April?

Additionally, if anybody has ideas (and speakers!) of talks for
2005, please email committee at plug.org.au.

Thanks!

Cameron.

--
 Bernard Blackham <bernard at blackham dot com dot au>