[plug] Is anyone looking for a Linux PPC machine?

Matthew PROUSE matthew at doorsproject.net
Sun May 1 01:28:30 WST 2005

Is anyone looking for a Linux PPC machine?

After two years of faithful service, I am finally parting with my beloved
clamshell iBook... and upgrading to a brand new ThinkPad.
I purchased mid 2003 from a Victorian High School student. New battery
purchased in July 2004. Works great with 4.5 hr battery life. Running
Ubuntu 5.04 PPC only! No Mac OS available... GNU/Linux only!

TECH SPECS (all devices supported under GNU/Linux):

Clamshell Indigo iBook (Firewire)
  * CPU: 366 MHz PPC 750CX (G3e)
  * RAM: 320M SDRAM
  * Video: 8M ATI Rage Mobility 128
  * Displays: 12.1" 24-bit SVGA (800 x 600) color active matrix, resolution
scaling supports 640 x 480
  * HDD: 10 GB UltraATA-66
  * CD-ROM: 24x
  * USB ports: one (1.1)
  * FireWire ports: one
  * Connectivity: 10/100Base-T ethernet and v.90 56k hardware modem

  * Size: (29.4 x 34.4 x 5.2 cm)
  * Weight: (3.0 kg) with battery
  * Batteries: 1 with 4.5hr life, 1 with 1.5hr life

  * OS: Ubuntu 5.04 (Hoary) PPC

EXTRAS:
  * Back pack that fits the iBook like a glove
  * Ubuntu and Kubuntu live and install CDs (Mandriva PPC available on
request)
  * Palm Zire (m150) PDA

ASKING PRICE: I am hoping for between 400 and 500 - but all offers will be
considered. I just want this machine to go to a good home. Please
consider, if you are in the market.

MY CONTACT DETAILS:

email: matthew AT doorsproject.net
jabber: mousematt AT jabber.org.au
phone: 0433 678 628

--
Matthew PROUSE (matthew AT doorsproject.net)