[plug] Linux talks - LCA and other sources

Matthew Lambie mlambie at thefrontiergroup.com.au
Wed May 4 10:51:38 WST 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 10:29 +0800, Carl Gherardi wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've recently found myself listening to many talks during both my
> commute, and when i'm sitting at my desk at work.
>
> Some of the pages i'm pulling talks/videos from are
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/audio/audio.html
> http://www.lugradio.org/
> http://www.cbc.ca/quirks/archives.htm
> http://www.itconversations.com/ (Thought the Bruce Schnier talk here
> was pretty good)
> Plus whatever I can get my hands on from recent lcas
>
> What other interesting sources of audio and video be they educational,
> topical or fictional do pluggers listen too?

I an a fan of lugradio also. From their site (lugradio.org) they link to
a script called bashpoder which has a config file bp.conf. Inside that
you'll find a bunch of XML URIs that it retrieves content from. I'm
using it now to rip down the MP3s for either use on my laptop or iPod
shuffle.

Hope this helps.

> Carl G

Thanks,