[plug] ssh passwords

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Mon May 9 12:41:01 WST 2005

Cameron Patrick wrote:

>Craig Ringer wrote:
>

>>Unfortunately it doesn't seem like ssh uses ssh-askpass when requesting
>>a login password, only a key passphrase - otherwise that might have been
>>worth exploring.
>>

>It does, but (at least on my desktop, Debian ssh 3.8.1p1-8.sarge.4)
>ssh and ssh-add only ever use ssh-askpass when DISPLAY is set and it
>has no controlling terminal.  I'm not quite sure why.

Hmm, so if I read that correctly, that means that if it was using
ssh-askpass, I could use ssh-agent to "remember" that for me. If that is
the case, how do I "not have a controlling terminal" if I want to do this?

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S25°34'41" - E152°35'34" (Graham's Creek, QLD)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..