[plug] Unloading rivafb module

rbowles rfbowles at bigpond.com
Mon May 9 15:58:49 WST 2005

Hi All
I was wondering if anyone knows how to stop the kernel from loading up
rivafb modules? When I try to do a fresh install of the nvidia drivers
the nvidia-installer says that it will conflict with rivafb module. How
can I eliminate this rivafb from being loaded up by the kernel?/ remove
the module completly, as every time i want to use X i have to reinstall
the NVidia drivers. i have tried looking for the module but i really
dont have a clue as to where to start.
I am running Ubuntu "Hoary" and my vid card is a GeForce FX 5200 256
Meg  Card.

Thanks in advance
Richard Bowles