[plug] System Restore CD

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed May 11 08:09:30 WST 2005

Hi all,

I've got a Debian gateway machine that is running in the bush, that is
going to be living at a client's premises. The client is not
particularly computer savvy and I wish to make a system restore CD, sort
of like a GHOST or ISO image that self-installs and writes all of the
gateway settings onto the hard-disk. This is to allow me to do two things:

   1. Offer the client a means to recover from a hard-disk failure.
   2. Offer me a means to update his settings by giving him a new CD
      that magically re-installs his "new" gateway.

I'm a little daunted on how I might create such a magical CD and was
wondering if anyone around here had some suggestions.

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S25°34'41" - E152°35'34" (Graham's Creek, QLD)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..