[plug] pine problems.

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Wed May 11 12:32:50 WST 2005

I'm having a rather odd problem with one of my 2 email accts. I'm a
dedicated pine user. I prefer the simpleminded efficiency of the system
over the glitz and glitter of gui clients. Plus I can be guaranteed I'll
never have to view "horse porn" pictures or any of the other spammy crap
that evaids spamassassin from time to time.

However one of my inboxes just locks up.

At first I thought it might of been too full. There was a couple of
thousand mails in there (never a problem on the guild server, where 30,000
mails in the inbox barely raises an eyelid from the server). So I copied
the mail out via the fs into a folder and start up pine. Beautiful pine
starts, although there is no way in hell it'll open that inbox.

A few days later however, at just over 100 emails, the new clean inbox
won't open.

I dont think its file. And I dont think its memory. We recently upgraded
the memory on the server, and it was coping with magnitudes larger inboxes
pre to that.

Any idea where I should be looking?

Shayne;.

--
 I wish a robot would get elected president. That way, when he came to
town, we could all take a shot at him and not feel too bad.