[plug] Vim Scripting?

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Wed May 11 14:21:22 WST 2005

I have some repetitive tasks to do in some html I am writing. I have
decided that if I could do some simple variable substitution then
things would be merry.
What I would like to be able to do is in my editor (Gvim, preferable,
but I could use another editor for a short amount of time, or cmd line
tools if they can do it faster) is to select where I want to insert
the new code, then select which segment of code to insert from a list
and then be presented with an area to fill in the variables that need
substituting. I'm sure I could probably write most of it in perl or
php and just get the variables from the user but I still have the
problem of copying and pasting into my document and that's where it
can get annoying.

Any ideas?

Tim