[plug] new CUPS exploit or an old one?

Mark Dixon MarkDixon at iiNet.net.au
Mon May 16 11:43:12 WST 2005

Sorry, I should clarify.  After reading the original post in this thread
I see that Gavin was saying that Paradox is the same thing as EfTel,
Gavin's ISP.  I was working on the presumption that Paradox was another
customer of EfTel when I wrote the reply below.

So, what I suggest now is that you check your logs to see what IP
address you were using at the time of the exploit.  If it shows that you
were allocated 203.129.128.88 by EfTel at that time then mystery solved,
the "exploit" was actually a log of activity within your own machine (or
LAN).  If you were on a different IP number at that time, then
contacting EfTel with a report of the access would do no harm and might
result in a warning being issued to another EfTel customer that was
"poking around" a bit to agressively.