[plug] Fedora Core 3 update

Gavin Chester gavinchester1 at hotmail.com
Mon May 16 20:49:32 WST 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 20:05 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Daniel Pearson wrote:

-snip-

> > Its now just a matter of deciding whether or not I'll put X on it..
> > its a P3 600, with 320mb ram IIRC..
>

> Should be fine to run even a full desktop environment. I'd personally be
> inclined to drop XFCE4 on it though and save some  RAM for other things
> that way.

Very do-able, if you're wanting reassurance ;-)  I run FC3 on a PII 450
Xeon as my a dual-purpose workstation / K12LTSP server, albeit with 1Gb
of RAM.  I even used KDE 3.1 for a short time (out of habit), but
happily converted to Xfce4 because things would bog down a bit after
long uptimes. That drag doesn't happen with Xfce4, so I'm sold on it.

Regards, Gavin.