[plug] fscking uw-imapd

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed May 18 08:45:02 WST 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 14:28 +0800, Shayne O'Neill wrote:
> Since dovecot mysteriously segfaults on my server, we are forced to use
> uw-imapd-ssl

Why not debug dovecot? It's entirely possible that just strace will give
you a hint what's wrong, and if not, there's always your friend `gdb'.

> Does anyone have a clue on how to configure this fscking thing as it seems
> to now be mysteriously rejecting auth on non ssl clients :(

'fraid not. I took one look at UW and ran screaming.

At a guess from your other post, perhaps the feature you refer to as
disabled is disabled during compile, or patched out, rather than being a
config option? I'm a little confused as to what SMTP auth has to do with
UW imapd though ... surely that's a problem with your MTA?

--
Craig Ringer