[plug] Anyone here using Skype?

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Wed May 18 10:27:05 WST 2005

On 5/18/05, Onno Benschop <onno at itmaze.com.au> wrote:
> Senectus . wrote:
>
> >Well apparently it works over anything bigger than 33.6k (inclusive).
> >I'd be interested to see it's performance over dial up.. I'm also
> >going to be testing it over a sat-link as well.
> >

> Who did you have in mind for that :-)

I presume you mean for the satlink, the satlink is actually the
primary reason for playing with skype at this moment in time.
A company I'm doing work for needs a cheap and reliable method of
communication with their exploration guys that's in the Pilbera scrub
right now.
They plan on using a full commercial VOIP solution later but are
struggling to justify it at the moment.

So I want to make sure my end is working first, then progress to
sat-link and dial up users after.
I'm going to start another thread in a moment about sat-links and what
to expect from them etc...

--
Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
Our OS who art in CPU, LINUX be thy name. Thy programs run, thy