[plug] OK, for all of you SQL gurus out there...

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu May 26 11:05:55 WST 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 10:57 +0800, Dean Holland wrote:
> I believe your first query, Craig, is the same as simon's. My
> understanding is equating columns between tables is an INNER JOIN, it's
> just a much simpler way of writing it. :)

Ah, ok. My understanding was that the clause in the inner join would
pre-filter the working table generated by the join, so that the WHERE
expression only needed to match on the remaining rows. Chances are I
just misunderstood something along the way, or the query optimiser in a
decent database achieves the same result without help.

--
Craig Ringer