[plug] Query - Best Distro for Enterprise Web and Proxy Server

Daniel J. Axtens danielax at gmail.com
Thu May 26 13:39:10 WST 2005

This is slightly, OT, but once you set up your distro, Bastille
(bastille-linux.org) might be helpful in locking down your system.
However, if you really wanted security, you (hopefully) would have
already done all the things bastille does!

That aside, Bastille has an undo function. Could be very useful.

HTH,
Daniel

On 5/26/05, Ben Jensz <plug at jensz.id.au> wrote:
> Have a look at Whitebox Linux.  I'd personally try 3 first, as 4 has
> only just been released and is a little buggy from my testing of it.
>

> / Ben
>

> Peter T Spicer-Wensley wrote:
>
> > Peace, Pluggers! 'Lo Leon,
> >
> > My query is this: I have been running with RedHat for ten years now
> > but want the Enterprise level of security and stability without the
> > cost. (Don't we all.)
> >
> > I have seen CentOS 4 and it looks like RH enterprise without the
> > pricetag (or support) but my CentOS 4 isos wouldn't download & burn
> > cleanly - is there anywhere in Perth I could BUY the 4 CDs of CentOS 4?

Neuronstorm: neuronstorm.sourceforge.net
The Neuronstorm Blog: leinad-golb.blogspot.com