[plug] Thanks To All Contributors - CDs ordered from Linux IT

Peter T Spicer-Wensley petersw at svshs.wa.edu.au
Fri May 27 12:32:18 WST 2005

Party On Pluggers!

Thanks for all of the replies from all of you fine people. I shall
follow these up.

I went to the plug website and have ordered a Whitebox Linux CD set from
Linux Information Technology (one of PLUG's sponsors) from their online
store.

It should arrive today or Monday. I shall see how this distro goes and I
shall let you know how I get on.

I didn't want to start a distro war (or a text editor war - though I use
vi personally ;-) but recieved what I needed - good advice from people
with more knowledge than myself. I also think that the RedHat pricing
for education is fair and may take this up if Whitebox, CentOS or
something else won't do what I need.

I shall look out for the Magazine cover versions of other distros and
may crank these up if Whitebox 3 doesn't do what I need.

Thanks again for the links, contacts, advice and humour - BTW I loved
the whole pigeon doorbell thread - _I_ thought it WAS on topic - BTW
RedDot have wireless doorbells that you can wear on your belt if you
want to (well the "bell" bit had a belt clip anyway - I assume you put
the button bit next to your front door) for under $20. Saw this last
night while over at Gateways RedDot on the corner of Beeliar and the
Kwinana freeway. I assume other RedDots would have the same kind of
thing.

Peter Spicer-Wensley
System Administrator
Swan View Senior High School
Gladstone Avenue
SWAN VIEW  WA   6056
Mob: 04 1893 4218
Mail: petersw at svshs.wa.edu.au

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not
sure about the the universe." ( Albert Einstein)

"Other kings said I was daft to build a castle in the swamp, but I built
it all the same." (Herbert's father the King)