[plug] Discerning minds

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Fri May 27 15:04:59 WST 2005

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 01:48:01PM +0800, Tim Bowden wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 01:32 -0400, bwarff wrote:
> > vi only comes in one flavour worth eating - vim with python support :)
>
> Even vim without python or any other support beats emacs hands down, and
> as for those gui things, they don't even begin to make the grade.

Well, I was an emacs user for a long time, then finally got some of
the vi/vim commands embedded in my fingertips, and switched to vim.
But after a while I missed the programmability of emacs, but still
wanted the speed of the short vim commands, so... switched to viper.
Viper is vi commands inside emacs, so has the best of both worlds.
All the emacs C-x and M-x commands still work, and so do most of the
single keystroke vi commands, with the notable exception of vim's v
and V, which I have learned to live without.

Unfortunately viper wasn't a choice of favourite editor on the LCA
registration.  :(

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says: