[plug] Windows rapidly approaching desktop usability

Mark Dixon MarkDixon at iiNet.net.au
Sat May 28 13:22:39 WST 2005

Nice article by Robin 'Roblimo' Miller at Newsforge:  'Windows rapidly
approaching desktop usability'

The article begins: " Every year or so I like to see how Microsoft is
doing in its attempt to make a desktop operating system as usable as
Linux. Microsoft Windows XP, Home Edition, with Service Pack 2, is a
tremendous improvement over previous Windows versions when it comes to
stability and appearance, but it still has many glitches that keep it
from being competitive with GNU/Linux for everyday users, including a
tedious installation procedure, lack of productivity software included
with the operating system, hardware compatibility problems, and a price
so much higher than any of the Linux distributions I've tested lately
that I don't feel this product is a good value for most home or small
office users"

see: http://os.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/05/18/2033216 for full text.